Monday, June 12, 2017

"Life is sweet in the belly of the beast..."

Hello, all.

My time and patience is short today, especially since I already spoke
most of the good happenings this week to my parents. So, I'm going to
pull an Elder Jones and be brief.

We might have two new people to teach. Other than that, we need to
find more people.

Exchanges coming up with Elder Vargas! I love him!

I am tracting more because I don't like tracting.

The district is the best ever. I love being district leader. It is my
favorite thing I have ever done. I hope I get to keep doing this for
the rest of my mission. I know that isn't realistic, but there we go.

President is the best.

Despite many struggles facing us, mainly having nobody to teach, Elder
Ash and I are finding much joy. I am learning the joy of bearing
testimony of Christ and inviting, even (especially) when they don't
accept. There is joy to be had in the Lord's service.

"Do you have a level 58 rogue named 'Book of Mormon'?" - Elder Burch
to Jason. And, the answer is yes. Yes he does.

The priesthood is real. Blessings are powerful. Elder Ash brings the
Spirit like a lightswitch. It was awesome.

Last story. We went to a less active, part member family, and he
always asks us to come in when we knock. They are both older, and she
is hard of hearing. Anyway, I peak my head in and ask if his wife was
home. (She's the member.) He said she wasn't, so I say, "Rock and
roll," and am about to leave. As I'm closing the door, I see his wife
in the kitchen. I pause, then open the door again.
"Wait, she's right there!"
"What?"
"Your wife! She's right there in the kitchen!"
"I just didn't know if she wanted to talk with you!" 
It was funny. We got to talk with her. He left the room. Good times.

-Elder Burch π

"...I was a boy, and now I am a bat."



Flowers in the road

Elder Berrett and Elder Hendrix

The Rogue

The Zone!

No comments:

Post a Comment