Monday, February 19, 2018

"If love is a labor, I'll slave 'til the end..."

On the adventures of Elder Stephen Tanner Burch π... 

This week saw Elder Burch and Elder Brown venture to Billings, where they enjoyed exchanges with the Assistants to the President, Elder Luebke and Elder Tucker. This story is primarily to show that God answers prayers. (If my formating is funky, I apologize. It is funky as I type it now and I'm not sure why. Ah, well.) I prayed the night before exchanges that we would be able to find a new investigator and that my faith might be strengthened. Well, the next day, we shovelled the mission home (I used a snow blower for the first time!), and then I went with Elder Tucker and we did some finding. We were trying to contact off of a part member family sheet, and suddenly Elder Tucker says that he feels we should knock some doors in the Rose Garden Apartments. So, we head off, and the fifth door we knock on is a kind, young gentleman who says that we can come back! Prayers are answered, and God is eager to help us in our personal, practical challenges. 

I think that is all that is relevant today. I will include quotations of the week, as well as pictures. I hope you enjoy!

Rock and roll ~

Elder Burch π

"... I've been here so long, think that it's time to move. The winter's so cold, summer's over too soon..."


"There is a special place in the Telestial Kingdom for them, and it has no plumbing!" -Elder Campbell

"Cut Bank is like a clingy girlfriend. you want some space, but you're ultimately glad it's always there." -Elder Hayes

"It's like a Nephite mic drop!" -KH, referring to Alma 30:60

"We'll go visit Brother Porter, and then we can send this receipt to Elder Baird." -Elder Burch
*pause* "I hope he isn't in the shower." -Elder Brown
"Elder Baird?!" -Elder Burch

"What are they gonna use this fire hydrant for? Putting out the swing set?" -Elder Brown

"They're Canadian; whatcha gonna do?" -Elder Brown


SPPD! 

Sun Prairie is ghetto. Also, I'm on another horse!

The District

Overlooking Billings

The biggest game night ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment