Monday, May 21, 2018

“If I could write to the kid I was before...”

Everyone,

This week was solid. Highlights:

Zone Conference. It included the following interaction:

Me: “Hey, so what is your training on?”

Sister Training Leader: “What?”

Me: Oh, shoot. “Did you not get the zone conference email from the assistants?”

STL: “No! We have a discussion?!”

Me: “Rats. Um, yes. Thirty minutes.”

STL: “ELDER BURCH!”

Me: “It’s on faith and miracles. That’s easy enough to fake, right?”

STL: “Elder Burch, I’m going to kill you.”

Their discussion went really, really well, and I think we’re still friends. Think. I don’t know; sometimes they don’t forgive. They don’t forget, either. You can run, but you can’t... forget.

Honestly, the Lord keeps dropping blessings into our hands that we don’t deserve. I guess faith is a miracle producer. It must be Elder Craig, because I can be a faithless little punk way too often. The other day, after a lesson, we had some time before dinner, so we chose to knock some doors on the street we were on. No new investigators, but we had a solid conversation with a guy who runs a group for those with PTSD to help them recover through Christ. He gave us some referrals. It was cool. And then! We pulled in on Sunday after Stake Conference and there was a teenager outside our apartment who asked us, “Hey, do you guys know of any youth groups around here?” Of course we do. Had a good conversation with him. He wants to reconnect with Jesus because he’s been in jail for drugs since he was 13. We are going to be inviting him to the YSA activities. It was awesome. 

Blessings falling down, you know?

I think that is all for now. Thank you all for your support. Love you! 

Rock and roll ~
-Elder Stephen Burch π


“... I’d tell him you’ll get everything you’ve ever wanted, and you will still want more.”


Elder Craig, myself, Elder Carter, and Elder Giles

Zone Conference

Missionary work is tiring

No comments:

Post a Comment