Monday, August 29, 2016

"In my head there's all these classic cars and outlawed cowboy bands..."

Hello! It's good to see you again!

Thank you for reading my emails. It feels good that people are rooting for me back home.

Sunday was an excellent day. The spiritual uplift that we get on Sunday is desperately needed and very appreciated. On top of that, seeing investigators and less active members come to church makes the hard work and rejection of the rest of the week totally worth it. Today, three investigators and two less active members with which we've been working showed up to church, and it was awesome. I was asked to give a talk in Basin Ward on the Fourth Article of Faith. It wasn't my best, but I felt the Spirit and I hope some people learned something. One highlight I'll share from it: "Everything about this gospel is based on making us better, more awesome, more like God. If my dad were here, he'd refer to these as 'upgrades.' "

We ran into some racism the other day. Those people need the gospel. I don't like racism.

During some of our less productive times of the day, Elder Berrett and I have decided to visit members' homes and sing to them a hymn, share a few messages, and see if they know anyone who could use the message of the restoration of the gospel. It's proved a good way to feel the Spirit, let off some stress, and get to know the members better. "For my soul delighteth in the song of the heart; yea, the song of the righteous is a prayer unto me, and it shall be answered with a blessing upon their heads."

I ran out of feta cheese for my salads, but we're also super broke, so I have to wait until next week to get more. Sad.

The weeks go by in a blur. The days are forever long, but the weeks are quick. I hope you're doing well, and I repeat my invitation for you to write me! I love hearing what's going on out there. 

I wish I had a copy of Green Eggs & Ham with me when talking to some people. "No, I'm not interested." "... Try it and you may. Try it and you may, I say!" There's so much joy that the message of Christ can bring to people in this life, and I wish I could show them that in the short time before they close themselves and turn away. "Strange we come to find ourselves not knowing we're lost."

Alright, thank you again for reading. Until next week, keep on keeping on.

-Elder Burch π

"... I always kinda sorta wished I looked like Elvis. I always kinda sorta wished I was someone else."



Drinks at the Maverick!

Our town's one stoplight.
They're simultaneously proud of and annoyed by it.

Planning selfie!

This was in our front left tire. Ah.



No comments:

Post a Comment