Tuesday, August 2, 2016

"With a chance to make it good somehow, hey what else could we do now?"

Hello all,

 This second week has been a mix, as I'm sure all the weeks will be.
It ended, last night, pretty well, though, so I'm grateful for that.

 First, for some humor. Elder Carter, Elder Simmons, and I were
teaching one of our investigators, and it was going pretty well. Elder
Carter was explaining the sacrifice of Jesus Christ, and what it meant
for all of us down here. Somewhere along that line, he said, "And
because Jesus was crucified, we all get to be crucified, too." He
meant resurrected, but the look on that woman's face was pure terror.

 Teaching has been going better. It is insane how much unity and
preparation are essential to a good lesson. Even when you don't teach
exactly (or maybe even close to) what you prepared, the preparation is
the show of faith and effort that is required for the Spirit to tell
you what you need to know in the moment.

 I got to toss around a softball the other day with Elder Yensen and
Elder Moser, and that was super awesome. I've never been too sporty,
but playing catch has always been a fantastic experience.

 Elder Wright took off to go to Nicaragua, so pray for him and his
journey. He'll do great things; I'm sure of it.

 We ended up losing Sister Jacobs early this week. Keep her in your
thoughts and prayers. She's a good spirit, she just struggled with the
massive change of coming out here.

 Today marks t-minus one week until I pack my bags and head out to
Montana, big sky country and home of the Great Pyramids. (If you don't
understand that last part, don't think too hard on it. It's a joke for
a select few.) I'm ready to be out of here. I love it here, but I'm
ready to be done.

 Thank you all for your letters and support - It means the world. Keep
rocking on.

-Elder Burch π

 P.S. Any physical mail to me should not be sent after Wednesday or
Thursday until I have left the MTC and sent you my new residence
address. Thanks!

 P.P.S.S. If you have any questions of any kind, please send them my
way! It would give me material to write about, and something to
ponder. Besides that, maybe I'm just not writing about what you want
to hear. If I hear the demand, I'll provide the supply.

"... Except roll down the window and let the wind blow back your hair.
The night's busting open, these two lanes could take us anywhere!"



No comments:

Post a Comment