Monday, February 20, 2017

"An act of God..."

Happy Monday to those I haven't seen in at least seven months!

        Early this week, we went on exchanges. I was in Sheridan with Elder Emms, and we did a lot of bike riding. Riding bikes on ice is precarious. I fell and damaged a pair of pants. How lame.

        We were on a hike the other day, and Elder Campbell fell in the river. I guess that's what you get for rock-hopping when there's lots of snow.

        In the same vein, Elder Campbell and I get along very, very well! We make an obtuse amount of jokes, and we just have a really good time doing the work that doesn't feel like work at all because it is just too much fun. I'm thinking that I might get transferred this next transfer (March 8th is the transfer day, with calls being on the 5th), which would be sad because Elder Campbell is cool. Also, I want to see Meagan and Branden get baptized. They are doing well, and slowly making more and more progress.

        Saturday was simply a day of miracles. It began with our ward missionary coming with us to contact a potential, and we decide to stop at a less active member's home. Turns out, them and our ward missionary are friends, and we were able to sit down with them and even give them a blessing. It was rad. We also were able to have a surprise sit-down lesson / service opportunity with a less active part member family. Later that night, we had dinner with Meagan and Branden. It was a good time, we enjoyed ourselves (especially playing with their little boy, Kaden), but what came after was the real kicker. They are still taking the Word of Wisdom stuff slowly, but it seems like they are trying. That, and Meagan told us towards the end that us coming over has really helped them, and they feel more peace and have less conflict. That, my friends, is what I live for out here. It doesn't happen often, but when people tell you how much of a serious difference you've made to them, it makes it all so worth it.

        This email is short. I apologize, no pictures. Have a great day!

-Elder Burch π

        "... and nothing less will be accepted."

No comments:

Post a Comment