Monday, October 9, 2017

"You wanna start over but never start over..."


What a week! Oh, man.

Transfers came, of course. Almost as sad as dropping off Elder
Rickenbacker, was driving the Man Van to transfers with Elder Ash
sitting in the co-pilot's seat, just like old times. Elder Ash inspires me 
to be my best. On top of that, he is just such a funny person, and I feel 
like I grew quite close to him in our two transfers together. Now, he's 
off on some adventure being the district leader over an area in Billings. 
Elder Ash is a shining example of Christlike attributes, and will do 
marvelously as a district leader. It was really rough to see him leave our 
zone, but I guess that other people deserve to experience the greatness 
that is him.

So, we drove to Helena on Wednesday to pick up the missionaries coming
to this area, minus the ones fresh from the MTC. (That comes later.)
It was a good time. I am a little concerned about one or two of them,
but I know that they have great companions, and that the Atonement is
real, and that we are all at different stages of spiritual
progression, and that the Lord will bless them as they seek to do
their best. After getting back from Helena (a two hour drive both
ways), my companion and I hardly had any time, because we had a dinner
with the Frenchtown stake president in Polson, so we had to drive
there and back (another three hours, total). Then, on Thursday, we
returned to Helena to get the new missionaries. THEN, we realized that
a missionary in Butte had put his stuff in one of the trucks going to
Missoula, so we had to meet them halfway to Butte on Friday, which was
another two hours of driving. In short, I am done with driving, and we
have MLC in Helena tomorrow. Great. And, I mean that both in reality
and sarcastically. Yes, I am not terribly excited to drive more, but I
do love the revelation and spirit that is present at MLC. And, it's
good to see people again.

Love you all. Rock and roll ~

"... So pull the trigger, it never gets closer..."

The MTC district, reunited at transfers

Helping people move

Stake breakfast

Elder Wheeler and I

One of the creepiest things ever



No comments:

Post a Comment