Monday, October 30, 2017

"There goes my hero..."

All,

This week was really good. We had exchanges with the Ronan elders, and I was privileged to spend time with Elder Griffin, the new district leader. Elder Griffin has been out three transfers and he is an awesome missionary. We did a lot of good finding, including offering to rake peoples yards. Most of them were kind of confused, and some of the reactions were funny. "Hey, we're missionaries, and it is a beautiful day, so we are going out and doing service, because service is good. Can we rake your yard?" "..." "... for free?" "Oh, you don't have to do that!" (In my head) I know I don't have to. I'm dressed up in Sunday best, and I knocked on your door to ask you if I could rake your leaves. I understand that I don't have to do it. Now, can I rake your yard? It was a good time.

Later in the week, I went on another exchange with another Elder in the district. We did some really good finding, and found a potential or two. Finding has been slow, and we are looking to improve how we find people to teach.

We were asked to speak last minute in church, and so we had to prepare haphazardly. This was not made any better when the spirit told me that what I prepared was not good, and I needed to start from scratch and do this other thing. So I did. And I rambled. So my 12 minute talk turned into 20 or more. It's OK though. It went well. Our topics were on the priesthood, and so Elder Wheeler taught the restoration of the priesthood (basically the first missionary lesson) over the pulpit. It was great. I taught the Gospel of Jesus Christ, because baptism and confirmation and priesthood ordinances. Tangentially related, right?

Then the primary dressed us up. It was great. Elder Wheeler was Moses, and I was Dave Grohl. Elder Wheeler pointed out the similarities. He was right. I must've missed the part in the Old Testament when they talk about the Foo Fighters.

Jk, when my side of the primary sang the best, they were able to put on another piece of my costume, and I gave them one hint as to who I was. Let's play that game here! See if you can guess.

1. I was wise
2. I was a king
3. I was the son of David
4. I built a cool temple
5. I was a little too good with the ladies
6. I was a pretty solid king until I started worshiping idols...
7. ... And way overtaxing my people #taxationistheft
8. My name starts with an 'S' and ends with an 'olomon.'

Love you all! Rock and roll ~


"... watch him as he goes."


Backstage Picture

Us!



No comments:

Post a Comment