Monday, March 19, 2018

"Boy, you was battle born."

This week was a fairly eventful week. There was a huge art show in town. The Out West Art show, to be specific, and we gave a fair amount of service at that. It was really neat to see all the different styles of art (I really like art), including a guy who does hammer and chisel. He was working with a type of rock that is essentially lava which erupted underwater and made a foamy expanded obsidian. It was neat, but I agree with his feelings that you can't get as much detail as on other rocks. He says people like the obsidian because it looks contemporary. I looked in his book of older projects and I like his other stuff more. Even still, very cool!

We had exchanges with the River's Edge elders, and I was able to spend the day with Elder Hallett. We had a fantastic spiritual lesson with an investigator named Josh. We taught about the Gospel of Jesus Christ (through Christ we can be cleansed from sin, faith, repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost, (sacrament), and enduring to the end). As we shared the experience from Matthew 3 of Christ being baptized, Josh really felt something. "That gives me tingles. I bet God was really proud. It makes me want to do that." Long story short, he is on date for baptism on April 20th. (420! We joked about that briefly.) They're awesome investigators. Too bad I won't be there for the baptism because...

I'm being transferred! This might be my last experience serving in Montana. They're shipping me back to my old stomping grounds. Not exactly, but close enough. I'm going back to the Wyoming West Zone (Wyoming Best Zone) to serve in Powell, Wyoming, which is roughly an hour drive from my very first area of Greybull/Basin. I am excited to be back there (not in the least bit because of the sales tax I will once again have to pay (otherwise they'll send me to Federal Dungeon for tax evasion... again (no, still))), and I am excited to do the work! Elder Bly, here I come! Elder Bly is really cool, dedicated, and hardworking, and I am excited to be his companion. 

I think that is all for now. Enjoy the pictures! Thank you for all you do! Rock and roll ~

- Elder Burch π

"When they break your heart, and when they cause your soul to mourn, remember what I said..."


Giving service at the food bank during the BSA food drive

Elder Shumway, Me, Elder Hallett, and Elder Brown

Elder Brown and I after we helped this guy
unload is statues with the crane on his truck

Dinosaurs are cool

The guy that does the hammer and chisel art

Some of his art

The Bergs



No comments:

Post a Comment