Monday, March 12, 2018

"The haze clears from your eyes on a Sunday..."

Everyone! 

This week was a little less jam packed. We had fewer lessons than we had wanted, but we also had President Ballard visit our mission, along with Elder Evanson and Elder Anderson of the Seventy. That was really cool. We weren't able to go, but we met at the Great Falls East stake center and watched from afar. Even cooler, when President Ballard opened up the floor for questions, I was able to text Sister Wadsworth and my question was asked by proxy. (Sort of like baptisms for the dead? Maybe not.) It was cool. My main takeaways from the experience were:
- I need to use Preach My Gospel more in every aspect of my work and study, including personal and companionship studies. 
- Members are the key in missionary work. (I know this one, and I keep getting reminded, but then I get impatient with how slow and unpredicatable it is to work with members, but then I get reminded again that I can't do anything of my own power and that the Lord is key and this is his way. So, yeah. OP. Members are awesome.)
- "Faith and hope bring the power in our lives and make future promises present realities." - Elder Anderson
"Write Down A Date" (Elder Ballard Oct. 1984 General Conference)
- Inadequacies are solved when we have faith, love, and excitement. Increasing our knowledge through diligent studies will make us feel more adequate. We should remember to place our trust in the Lord, not ourselves, because He is always adequate, even if we are not, and he will qualify us for what we have been called to do if we go to Him and do our best. 

After the broadcast, we went to the Roadhouse Diner with Elder Shumway and Elder Hallett. The Roadhouse Diner is probably the best place I've eaten so far in Great Falls, and is one of the better eateries I've visited on the mission. They grind all their beef in house and get their buns from Great Harvest across the street. Anyway, Elder Shumway and I ordered the Widowmaker burger, which includes habanero, serano, and jalapeno peppers. The burger was hot, for sure, but oh, so good. Honestly, one of the better burgers I have ever purchased. It was awesome. Worth it. 

Another cool food story! We were given a gift card to Cafe Rio by a member, and it happened to be Taco Tuesday, so we gladly went to lunch to get multiple $2 tacos and a specialty drink. Upon arriving at the end of the line, a kind woman asked us if that was all for us. "Yep!" I replied. She looked up at us and confirmed, "No military discount or anything?" "No, no," I said, and then added in with a chuckle, "Well, God's army." She laughed, "I'm temped to give it to you for that." The guy behind her said, "Do it!" To which I laughed, and we laughed, and she continued the checkout process. When the total for the two of us came up as $8.97, I was like, "Wait, did you actually-" She nodded. 

And that is the story about how we got a military discount at Cafe Rio from serving the Lord and making a joke. Good times.

I think that is all for now. I hope you have a great week, all y'all!

Rock and roll ~

-Elder Burch π
________________________

Quotations of the week:

"Is this all for you?" -Cafe Rio person
"Yep!" - Elder Burch
"No military discount?" -CRP
"No, no. Well, God's army."
*she applies the discount*

"We are singing this in English, right?" - Elder Brown


"Let's go fly a kite"

Missionary game night!
Do I look like I could be on the cover of a cheesy
workout video from the eighties in the second picture?

Roadhouse Diner!
My hair looks worse than normal. Forget about it.

Here we go... 



No comments:

Post a Comment