Monday, January 23, 2017

"All he kept talking about was glory days..."





Good day to everyone!

        Transfer news is in, and I will be remaining in Buffalo, Wyoming, but
Elder Ferrara is heading off. To where, you ask? He is off to
Thermopolis! Elder Ferrara is a fantastic missionary, and I am excited
to hear of all the good work that he'll do on the west of the Big Horn
Mountains. We'll be dropping him off Tuesday night. It's been a good
run, Elder Ferrara. Thank you for all the good times and the things
I've learned from you.

        The other night, our friend John fed us escargot! It was a first for
both Elder Ferrara and I. I liked it a good bit, actually! I mean, I
probably wouldn't go out of my way to purchase and cook it for myself,
but if I came across it at a party or restaurant or something, I'm all
over that! Elder Ferrara, on the other hand, described his experience
like this, "It wasn't horrible, but I don't exactly like the taste of
dirt." John is cool. He's the French guy that has been mentioned in
emails past. (So, if Tinley is reading this, yes, his name is spelt
"Jean." Like Jean-Luc Picard, I think.) He isn't interested in
changing, so we don't spend much time with him, but we drop by here
and there to let him know that we think he's cool and that we're his
friends. Maybe in a future life he'll be able to take the seed we've
planted and grow it into a testimony.

        Also on the topic of new foods, I had crab legs with Bishop the other
day. That was actually way more fun and tasty than I had expected.
Kind of a weird dining experience, but worth it.

        So, these investigators we're working with? One of the big things
that we were going to hit in a lesson with them is chastity - they're
not married. Guess freaking what? They showed up at church the second
time, and had rings on. They've got the papers and are aiming to tie
the knot soon! That makes everything so much easier for us. Phew.
Also, super exciting! They're progressing so well, and we love
visiting with them. Apparently we make good cookies (just add water
cookie mix, man), so we brought them cookies with the Restoration
movie the other day. More updates on them to come!

        Elder Ferrara is going to change the world with his inventions one
day. That's all.

        In the Old Testament, there are chapters upon chapters emphasizing
this simple truth: "And it shall come to pass, if thou shalt hearken
diligently unto the voice of the Lord thy God, to observe and to do
all his commandments which I command thee this day, that the Lord thy
God will set thee on high above all nations of the earth: And all
these blessings shall come on thee, and overtake thee, if thou shalt
hearken unto the voice of the Lord thy God." -Joshua 28: 1-2
It really is that simple. If we are obedient, we will be blessed. The
Lord is bound when we follow His commandments (D&C 82:10). Look for
ways you can improve and follow God more closely!

        Rock and roll ~

-Elder Burch π

        "... Oh, they'll pass you by..."
The District. RIP


Puppies!

A child! (That I am definitely not holding
in accordance with missionary rules.)

The best investigators on this side of the Big Horns.

The Escargot Adventure


No comments:

Post a Comment