Monday, January 22, 2018

“How this felt one year six months ago...”



Good day, everyone,

I would like to begin by letting everyone know, lest there was any doubt, that choosing to serve a mission is the best decision I have ever made. It’s more than serving a mission, though. It’s about serving a faithful mission. Missions have the ability to change a person drastically for the good, but it is only if that person lets the mission do so. It requires a willing heart and an open mind, and a lot of hard work.

This last week, we have been working hard with these investigators of ours. I think I need to take another look at Preach My Gospel Chapter 11, How Do I Help People Make And Keep Commitments?. I’m doing something wrong or else this week just threw too much at people. Either way, it was a little disappointing with the sacrament meeting turnout for investigators. *shrug* It happens, I guess. We will keep trying!

We had exchanges. We did a good amount of service. We spent way too much time looking for keys, and we had a lesson with some new (old) investigators. 

I was going to put in some grand oratorio about how much I’ve grown and stuff in the last 18 months, but I decided not to. I’ll let my actions speak for themselves.

Thank you all for all you do! To any of you that participated in the scheme to wish me a happy birthday, I applaud you. Thank you so much :)

Rock and roll ~

-Elder Stephen Burch π


“I cannot forget, I hope we don’t forget...”



Name that Batman villain.

Some members had us over for Korean food.
These stone bowls had been heated in the oven
and we put our food into the bowls and they
cooked it for us. How neat is that?

That is my cake. I’m 8 years old!



No comments:

Post a Comment