Tuesday, January 2, 2018

“Lighting firecrackers off on the front lawn...”

That is the last time I will reference that song as an email subject line. I just... There isn’t anything that I could reference that rivals it! It is “The New Year,” after all.

This week was gnarly. Temperature and lack of miles limited what we could do for a few days. My impatience limits what I will write today. But, I will still strive to provide you with adequate content. You know, I aim to please. 

One of our investigators is a fantastic missionary. We went to her place for a lesson, and arrived to find not just her, but her friend. Her friend named Hope, sixteen years old, was really kind, and Anna kept telling her how cool we are (kinda awkward when you’re right there), and how we have helped her to turn her life around. Hope talked with us a little bit, and we learned that she has no real Christian background, to the point of not even really knowing who Jesus Christ is. So, we told her a little bit, gave her a Book of Mormon, asked her to read Alma 7, and set a return appointment for the next day. 

We returned to find that she hadn’t only read Alma 7, but had also watched The Restoration with Anna. And so, with the help of our phenomenal gospel principles teacher as a member present, we taught the Restoration with a focus on Christ and his life and importance. Hope told us that she is definitely interested in learning more, and that she is excited to make changes in her life to change for the better. 

I’m so excited! Hope seems excited to learn more, and we are excited to teach her. Hooray! 

Other stuff on this week: There were dog sleds. 

Also really really cold. 

I love you all! Rock and roll ~
-Elder Stephen Burch π





No comments:

Post a Comment