Monday, July 24, 2017

"... Come join the sinners who have been redeemed."

Fine guests,

This is the first song I have referenced that I learned about on my mission. Great. I mean, good song, but the fact that mission songs are taking precedent over home music is scary to me. 

Scaryface.

We found a new investigator this week! Funny, though, is that he is not in our area. Further, even if he was in our area, he wouldn't be in our teaching pool because he is YSA age and single! So, we'll hand him off to the YSA Elders and see how things go.

We have gone to bible study with these guys who go to the local non-denominational mega church. It's been a mostly-uplifting experience, despite some differences. The fellowship is good, and it has been a good reminder that there are people out there who are dedicated to Christ who aren't a part of the restored gospel. "For there are many yet on the earth among all sects, parties, and denominations ... who are only kept from the truth because they know not where to find it."

We worked hard, especially toward the end of the week. In the moment, finding is a really uncomfortable experience for me. I can talk to anyone, but bringing the gospel into the conversation is more difficult. Anyway, finding is difficult for me, but after we do try and find, I always feel good afterward. It makes me think of Christ, and His atonement. He would much rather have not done it - that is, in the moment, He was most certainly not enjoying it. Nevertheless, He knew His mission, and He loved us, so He didn't give up. I'm so grateful that he didn't give up. I hope that I can help other people, even when things are difficult, because it is the right thing to do. 

I love you all. Keep being awesome. Rock and roll ~

-Elder Burch π

"Take your place beside the Savior. Sit down and be set free."




No comments:

Post a Comment