Monday, July 31, 2017

"With every sun that sets I am feeling more..."

Hello all,

We are bowling. I am emailing between turns. It is scatterbrained.

This week:

We did an extraordinary amount of service this week. We have helped three non-members move. The most noteworthy of which is this Hispanic couple we met the other day. I think I mentioned them. Anyhow, they asked for our help again, and it was cool! We got to know them quite a bit more. She is from Columbia, and he is from Brazil. They both ended up here through a program that put them in civil engineering programs here. They were very appreciative of the service, and are having us over Friday night for dinner, which happens to also be the wife's birthday. Cool. Service feels good. Though, more on feeling good later.

We did an exchange with the YSA Elders. I stayed in my area and brought along Elder Murphy, who has been out three weeks. It's a weird thing to think back to myself when I had been out three weeks. I've grown a lot, but there are also one or two things from back then that I almost want back. Introspection.

Our second exchange was with the Zone leaders on Friday. I was with Elder Tucker. I would be okay with having Elder Tucker as a companion. More than most Elders, he not only inspires me to work effectively and efficiently, but reminds me that the work can and will succeed, if we have faith and follow the guidance in Preach My Gospel.

The Zone Leaders called us Saturday night with some revelation. They reminded Elder Ash and I that daily goals are important, and that as we set daily goals by the Spirit, the Lord will provide a way to accomplish them. Well, Sunday came around, and Sunday was the only day we could do an amount of honest finding, primarily because of how much of our time was devoted to service. Long story short, there were miracles, and we will hopefully have a much expanded teaching pool very soon. The Lord is mindful. It's comforting and exhilarating. 

Love you all! Keep on keeping on ~

- Elder Burch π

"... Like a stranger on a foreign shore...."








No comments:

Post a Comment