Monday, July 17, 2017

"We're halfway there, livin' on a prayer..."

My people,

As the title would hint toward, I hit my year mark on Thursday. It feels like it shouldn't be so. Also, an odd mix of, "Too soon?" and "Not soon enough!" So, here we go. I am glad that I've been able to serve as long as I have, and look forward to another year of dedicated service to the Lord. Here's making it great!

We gave service at the old folks' home across the street on Saturday. It was really cool, because it was an event where many bikers came, and the residents got to go for rides if they wanted! There was food served, lots of family came, and it was overall a good time. Elder Ash and I manned the snowcone machine and got to take the snowcones around on a tray like waiters and offer them to the people. It was a fun time!

There was a pretty gnarly thunderstorm and it started many mini fires. Our brand new ward mission leader is a smoke jumper / dispatcher, so we pretty much lost him. Oops...

Our Thursday was going to be so planned out and we were going to get weekly planning done and it was going to be great. Suddenly, though, the gaping jaws of the unexpected opened and swallowed three hours of our morning with a call for a blessing at the hospital across town and someone asking for assistance getting to Stevensville. It was a crazy morning. 

It's another one of those weeks where my patience for writing an email is short. Ah, well. 

My spiritual thought was shared to us by a member we've been working with named Jason. It is my feelings for anyone who is not yet a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. So many blessings await! Alma puts it best:
" I speak by way of command unto you that belong to the church; and unto those who do not belong to the church I speak by way of invitation, saying: Come and be baptized unto repentance, that ye also may be partakers of the fruit of the tree of life. "

Y'all are the best. Keep up the prayers for me.

Oh, yeah. Wade came to church again and we are going to try and put him on date this week.

Rock and roll ~

-Elder Burch π

"... take my hand and we'll make it, I swear."

Also, welcome to the email list to all those who were just added! I promise that my emails are typically better!






No comments:

Post a Comment