Monday, November 20, 2017

“Coming out of my cage and I’ve been doing just fine...”

Welcome to Great Falls!

The land where the wind blows cold and doesn’t stop. We live in a cozy apartment right down the street from the church. We cover the Two Rivers Ward here in town, and we cover the Cascade Branch, which extends almost to Helena. A picture will be included. 

Elder Lester is a fantastic companion. He is all about getting out there and getting the work done, doing his best to achieve goals. It’s been good. We’ve talked to quite a few people and invited them to come to Christ. We’ve met quite a few of the investigators and less active members that they have been working with in this area, and there are a lot of awesome people here! (Cool people named Chuck seem to be constant across all my areas. Weird.) Overall, I like it here! When we were going to visit an investigator, a guy called over to us and asked what we were doing. “Just visiting our friend across the street.” “Oh, okay.” And then he started trying to bash. I mean, c’mon! “Do you still think you have to work to get to heaven? Why don’t you have a cross on your church? The Bible says not to add! I’m just afraid you don’t believe in the right Jesus.” Seriously? “Sir, we believe in the Jesus spoken of in the Bible who died for our sins and was raised on the third day.” I am pretty okay with holding my tongue, but when people tell me I believe in a “different Jesus,” it bothers me. Ah, well. All’s well that ends well. 

Thank you for reading! Y’all are cool. Happy Thanksgiving!

Rock and roll ~

-Elder Stephen Burch π

“... gotta be down because I want it all.”



Elder Lester and I!

My area

The real Missoula OGs. Sister Miller is the only missionary
that was in Missoula when I got there and when I left.
We both served Missoula for 6 transfers, or almost 9 months.
Good times. 

Missoula’s Ward Mission Leader and his wife.
They were an awesome part of the Zoo, and will be missed.



No comments:

Post a Comment