Monday, November 13, 2017

“I am a visitor here, I am not permanent...”

Everyone,

Alas, my time in Missoula is about to come to an end. Wednesday morning, I will drive the Man Van for the last time to Helena, where I will meet up with Elder Lester, and head up to Great Falls to spend the next part of my missionary service. Cool thing, Elder Lester was my best friend in 4th Grade. Check that out! My new address will be: 1109 9th St. NW #7 Great Falls MT 59404

Saturday, we had the awesome opportunity to attend the baptism of Gary, the guy we interviewed last week. It was awesome. There was definitely a strong feeling in the air - easy to tell that the Spirit was there in abundance. I mentioned in the last email (I think?) how it was obvious that the Lord had been preparing Gary to receive the message of the restoration of the gospel, and the baptism felt so natural - like any other step, he was taking his next step in progression on the path of the gospel of Jesus Christ. He started the journey home to our Father. And, it will be a journey full of joy, because God wants us to be happy here as well as in the life to come. It was a powerful experience. “There must’ve been something in the water...”

We talked about Christlike attributes in MLC, and the takeaway I received was about how we can identify Christlike attributes in others, and when look for those positive things, it naturally increases Christlike attributes in us as we increase in love through focusing on the positive of others. Seeking out the good in others is an important thing to do. So, this week, take an extra effort to identify positive things about others, and point them out! It’ll be a good change, I promise. (See the picture I made down below for a list of Preach My Gospel’s identified Christlike attributes. There are more, but this is a good start.)

Love you all! It’s getting colder here. Christmas will be here before we know it!

Rock and roll ~

-Elder Burch π

“... The district sleeps alone tonight.”


Frozen Yogurt with some awesome Elders

At Gary's baptism with Elders Zitto, Ritchie, and Wheeler 


With Elder Ritchie

Saw the Kambale family again!

Look what we did. Feel proud.
I actually ate two. It’s better the second time. 

We watched the Testaments one night on the little portable
DVD player we have.It was a good time.
(No, Elder Wheeler is not flipping you off.)



No comments:

Post a Comment