Monday, November 27, 2017

“Standing in line for Thanksgiving dinner...”

Sometimes I wish I had the writing ability of Elder Campbell. Most of the time, though, I just wish I had a chocolate muffin. I guess you don’t always get what you want. *shrug*

We visited a jail this week! I’ve never talked to an investigator (or anyone, frankly) via telephone through bulletproof glass before, but now I can check it off my list. Note to the wise, kids: Don’t go for rides in stolen cars, even if you didn’t steal it, and especially if you already have a criminal record. On the upside, we were informed that the jail actually had a pretty decent spread for Thanksgiving. Better than the usual fare, I suppose.

We have an investigator who is progressing well! She has been smoke free for ten days now (I think), and she has a baptismal date for next month! We are quite excited for her. We’re a little worried, though, because she wasn’t at church on Sunday and hasn’t answered our calls. We’ll see her soon and figure it out.

I have this really bad thing where I feel embarrassment for other people. Even (especially) if they don’t feel embarrassed for themselves. It makes being around certain people very difficult. 

We went out to Wolf Creek this week, which is almost at the bottom of our area (nearly to Helena), to visit a recent convert that I hadn’t met before, but she is awesome. She studies a lot and with real intent. She’s read the entire Book of Mormon, the Gospel Principles book, and more. She has three kids and a step kid. Her husband is not a member, but with some love and fellowship, I think we could help him out. 

Thanksgiving was a good time. We spent some time with two different families. Good families, one here in town and the other out in Cascade branch. I learned that pool is harder when the table wobbles. I also learned that Dutch apple pie is actually different than normal apple pie. I always thought that it was just apple pie and better apple pie, but nope. They’re actually different kinds.

A family that we visited to teach was cutting up and piecing out their elk as we taught them. That was cool. It was an education experience for me. I like asking questions about things I don’t know much about, even (especially?) if it is something that isn’t usually a me kind of activity. 

We went to church in the Cascade branch this Sunday, and I love the Cascade branch. There are so many awesome people there! 

Elder Vargas is my district leader now and I am so excited because I love Elder Vargas. What a guy.

I think that is all for now. Thank you for reading, for all you do, and all that. Keep on keeping on. 

Rock and roll ~

-Elder Stephen Burch π


“... Styrofoam plates, cafeteria tables ...”



My study area. I need to take more pictures. 

No comments:

Post a Comment